Sunday, December 18, 2011

Christmas Breakfast

This year we are staying at home for Christmas.  No running around.  No leaving presents unopened under the tree so we can make other people happy with our presence...no insanity.

My inlaws decided (in a huff) to go to Nova Scotia for Christmas so I invited my parents to come for Christmas.  The downside of marriage...complicated relationships.  Nothing will ever be the same as when you were growing up and that's not always easy.  So, this year, we will be hosting breakfast and as we know, these sorts of things take planning.  I sat down the other day and wrote a wee list of what I would like to serve...foods that are simple and easy to make!


Christmas coffee!  I am the only one in the family who doesn't drink coffee but I know the rest of the addicts wont be able to function without it!


Some sort of champagne cocktail!  I might toggle between orange and cranberry mimosas *hic*



It's not Christmas until I have stuffed myself with chocolate while opening pressies!


I tested these the other day and the Suburban Princes loved them so they are a go!  Put ham slices in a muffin tin or ramekin, crack eggs into them, season and bake!  Easy peasey, lemon squeezey!


Panettone!  Everyone loves this toasted with butter melting on it.  Pure bliss!  Slice it across and put on baking trays to toast in the oven.



Clementines and nuts to keep our energy and vitamin C levels up! 

Everything can be prepped in advance or easily made on Christmas morning to keep stress at a low!


Have a fabulous day!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I eat really lightly on Christmas day but I'm with you on alcohol and chocolate before 10.00am!

Cool Gal said...

That sounds perfect. ;)

Wendy said...

Great easy menu for Christmas morning. I still need to plan mine.

KatiePerk said...

Due to early contractions we will be staying at home this year for the holidays. I need to get cracking on my menu!!

Vicki said...

Can I come please. Sounds exquisite!

Shelley said...

Families are complicated, aren't they? Still, you'll miss them when they are all gone (or not). As to the candy cane and the chocolate, you can keep them, but the champagne cocktails, the ham cups with eggs (great idea!) and probably the pannettone (did I spell that right?) bread, I'll have to have some. We just did our shop for Christmas Day and this time of year I find all sorts of stuff creeping into the shopping trolley that aren't normally allowed in the house - like cheese and crackers and snacky stuff. Must try the ham and egg idea!

Lou Archer said...

Ham cups? Wow-wee I really want to try them..... popping over now!

Thanks for visiting my blog too.

Lou
xx