Saturday, October 29, 2011

Autumn around the palace!

Autumn has always been my favourite season so I enjoy decorating and getting everything ready for Thanksgiving, a chill in the air and all of the Halloween fun!

On Thanksgiving day I had every intention of taking photos of everything but I just got too busy with the cooking and entertaining.  I did a repeat of a lot of my Thanksgiving favourites from last year like my acorn cookies, apple pocket pies, and mini pumpkin pies with a single oak leaf on top.

Just before we sat down for dinner I decided to take a few photos of the table before it was ravaged.  An amazing thing happens when I pull out a camera in front of our parents...for some reason they will all get their cameras out too!  If I stopped to take a photo of say, a tree...they would all start taking photos of the tree too, even tho they have no idea why they are taking photos of it.  So, while I was trying to take a few photos of the Thanksgiving table, for the BLOG (!!!), they gathered around and started taking photos too, with no idea what they are doing, flashes going and finally I had to tell them all to stop.  Number 1 because my inlaws need a special battery for their camera yet wont order one so they are in the way yet only able to take 2 photos before the regular batteries die then spend the next 20 minutes complaining about it and, Number 2, my parents have had a digital camera for almost two years yet refuse to get a computer (yes, they are those people) so they have never printed a photo, seen them except for on the little camera screen and for some reason wont take the little SD card to Wallie's to have them printed there.  So honestly, who knows why any of them had to get in my way.  The Suburban Prince says it's like when Japanese tourists see a baby panda.

Anyhooooooo - since Thanksgiving day the cookies have been eaten, the table is back to being the Royal Ribbons headquarters and I found all I managed to get were four photos of the table.  Hmpfh!


The Thanksgiving table is full of leaves, pumpkins, acorns and candles!


I made spice acorn cookies and packaged them for each place setting.  
The ribbon on each wine glass saying Happy Thanksgiving and can be ordered at www.Royal-Ribbons.com


I love all of my different pumpkins!  Especially the glittery ones!


I added a leaf shaped chocolate to each place setting to keep the autumn theme going!


The wall unit was emptied and then filled with leaf garland and lanterns.


The camels were in this section rather than on the table this year. 


I wont even embarrass myself by admitting how many dark chocolate balls were in this vase compared to when I took the photo!


Little leaf dishes are scattered about the house filled with chocolates!


Easiest autumn decor ever!  A large vase, leaf garland, dogwood branches and autumn coloured ornaments!

 

Outside I got mums in shades of orange and yellow - they looked so much better a few weeks ago before the rains flattened everything.  I love my little welcome bears!


I think the steps to the house look great!


A splash of pink and a home grown pumpkin!

 

The front door wreath and garland.  We are the only house on the street to decorate.


The jack-o-lantern the Little Prince carved last weekend!
Have a fabulous day!

15 comments:

Nikosmommy said...

Great decorations! Love this time of year sooo much!
Happy Halloween.... :)

Town and Country House said...

Love that Jack O'Lantern! Too cute!

James said...

It all looks very warm and inviting.Well done.

Unknown said...

What fabulous decor! I never got around to getting mums....maybe by Thanksgiving. Then again, I'll be pulling the trees out that afternoon for Christmas! Have a great weekend!

Glitterista said...

Your home looks fabulous! I adore your autumnal entryway. ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm so envious! Your house looks amazing, I wish everyone decorated over here, maybe I'll do it next year and start a trend. That is hilarious about everyone whipping out their cameras whenever you do!

Leigh Powell Hines said...

Love the story about the in-laws and parents.

The Little prince's pumpkin is adorable. Like it.

highheeledlife said...

You are a wonderful and creative hostess (I know this first hand).It all looks so wonderful!! As for the missing chocolates ... it must be that chocolate gremlin that was making the rounds here... glad to see he made his way over to you!! ;) ...(that 's my story on the missing chocolate cookies ...here.) xo HHL

Miss Janice said...

Love all your decos SP! Y'all's jack o'lantern carving is fab!!! Your mums look better than mine...I kill 'em all!

HEA Bookshelf said...

Your house looks gorgeous! love the decorations!!

Happy Halloween!!! xoxo

Wendy said...

The house looks great! Have a safe and happy Halloween tomorrow.

Vannessa@Luxuria said...

Wow! your photos are gorgeous. I LOVE the ones taken outside; beautiful! Clearly you are the "Hostess with the Mostess" ;-)

Tania B said...

Great stuff! Hi! I am your newest follower from the We Are Canadian Blog Hop. You can follow me at Horseshoes.

Monica said...

Wow...you did an amazing job! I love the fall, it's my favourite season of the year.
I'm a new GFC follower from the "We are Canadian Blog Hop". Hope you'll drop by and visit me at Older Mommy, Still Yummy.
Monica
http://oldermommystillyummy.blogspot.com/

mrs.shopper said...

Lovely decorations! New gfc from Canadian hop. Please follow back at http://www.simplyshopandsave.ca and be my 700th follower!