I am slowly but surely getting back into the swing of things. It takes a lot of work to get back to blogging with any sort of regularity and I quickly got out of the habit this summer. With Thanksgiving coming quickly will have lots of Autumn posts to share as well as Thanksgiving ideas. My American friend have the benefit of seeing what Canadians do first and get their inspiration early!
- The Little Prince says the funniest things...probably the strangest is 'Shiver Me Timbers!'. I have no idea where he picked that up but every once in a while he comes out with it...usually when I am driving down the highway! He told the Suburban Prince to 'step away from the cookie' LOL!
- The fall fair was a great success! The Little Prince won lots of ribbons and got second place for the pumpkin he planted and grew all summer!
- We saw the divorcing neighbours at the fair last weekend. Not together but when we saw each of them they had their children. MrsDivorce tried to get all chittychatty with me but I have no time for that. After basically telling me she doesn't want to be friends and only ever speaking to me when she wants something I'm not going to waste precious fair time on her. She wanted a life of solitude and now she has it!
- One more day until pumpkin pie blizzards at DQ!
- My Rotary Club's 90th anniversary party is....a disaster at the moment. I had the whole 1920s themed party ready to roll the second I got full approval and one of the board members (the one who was putting pressure on me to get this planned!!!) decided to stir some $**t and we had to then take it to the membership and ask them if they even wanted to celebrate the 90th anniversary. It was such a mess and at the end of the meeting the president tried to apologize to me but I wasn't in the mood to hear it. A few people are on my naughty list right now.
- What's with all the PDA at Costco? I have written about this before but we went shopping there this week and it's quite shocking how many couples are there holding hands and having romantic time in the bulk cereal aisle. I love my husband but sheesh, I don't need to be hanging off him while grocery shopping.
- It irks me when I post what I am cooking on Twitter and someone replies 'Recipe Please!!'. Especially when it's someone I barely know.. Do we think that's the polite way to ask someone to share their recipes?
- I have searched everywhere for these shoes. My parents are in Florida right now and have searched for them too. I fear I am going to have beg my 'shoe dealer' to get them for me.
- I am having a giveaway on my Royal Ribbons site! Please take a moment over there to enter!
- It's election time in Ontario...I find these ones so hard because they tend to affect us more than local or national elections. I am 99% sure I have decided which party I am voting for but there are still a few days to go! Hopefully something major doesn't happen, forcing me to rethink my vote!
- I have been watching season 2 of Downton Abbey. It will be airing in the US in January but I have seen it online. All I can say is have your tissues handy and oh my goodness, I think it's even better than season 1! I just hope we get more than 7 episodes!
Have a fabulous day!