I don't have a post ready today - life is just so busy!
- The Little Prince has started putting his tiny little finger to his lips and whispering 'Shhh quiet' which just cracks me up! He counts to 13 at least and his teacher told me that is phenomenal for his age. Yes I am a bit smug about it.
- People have been speaking to me like I should have children's services monitoring me when I tell them the Little Prince doesn't eat candy, I have never given it to him and have no intention of starting. I really don't think the girl working at First Choice Haircutters really needs to give me parenting advice - especially when she told me her child loves candy and has to be on medication for her hyperactivity. Anyone see a connection?
- I have decided to go ahead with my book. High Heeled Life showed me a way to publish it so my goal is to have it ready to buy by Autumn. Feel free to pre-order now!
- I wish people would take word-verification off their blogs. It just means lots of extra clicking and extra time spent trying to leave a comment. I end up sometimes not commenting because I can't be bothered or dont have a lot of time.
- I found an amazing gluten-free bakery so I have been able to eat tomato sandwiches again! YUM! They also sell their flour which means I am able to make all of your delicious cupcakes!
- I joined Twitter and now see what all the fuss is - but my goodness, there is so much to learn about!
- Someone I know is always whinging about her money problems and how she just wants someone to give her money. I love making her look like an idiot for not taking control of her own problems - she owns a big house she could sell and she could find a better paying job since the economy has recovered and their are lots of jobs out there. No, I'm not always so passive-aggressive.
- I am putting together a surprise 50th anniversary party for my inlaws. I asked a friend of theirs to give me the names of a FEW couples I should invite - he emailed me and cc'd every single person he knows and told them. Sooooo 30-40 people now know about a party they are not invited to but will no doubt assume they are invited to. That's also 30-40 people who know about the party that I have no control over - meaning I dont know if they will keep their mouths shut! Guess who is no longer invited! The Suburban Prince hit.the.roof. I emailed everyone he cc'd and told them I have no idea why they were emailed about this and apologized for the intrusion. No one has emailed me back.
- I am sad about my tan. It is nowhere near as dark as usual and I feel like summer is speeding by. I need more time at 'the office'.
- I have given up on the sorority. I never really felt comfortable in the chapter I was rushing so I have decided not to join. They weren't keen on the idea of t-shirts with Greek letters appliqued in Lilly fabric anyway.
- I have decided to check out Rotary. A few people I know belong so I am looking forward to it. They seem to do more and the kind of people I would like to meet belong to it.
- I am going to attempt to make raspberry dark chocolate ice cream this weekend. I have lots of Dove chocolates I can chop up and about 4000lbs of raspberries in the garden. I just need a few more ingredients and I am good to go! Now to learn how to use the ice cream maker! I know it is going to taste so yummy but it makes me a little sad that
- I may be one of the few preppies who doesn't live for summer. I have been daydreaming about pumpkin spice lattes a lot lately. Yes Ali, I know...wash my mouth out with chocolate.
Have a fabulous day!