Friday, September 4, 2009

Happy Labour Day Weekend!

I hope you have a great weekend!

Today my housekeeper is coming - thank goodness! The house always gets so messy during the summer so I love getting it all cleaned up! I swear if I had to choose between her and the Suburban Prince....well...let's not even go there!

This afternoon the Little Prince has a playdate in town so we will no doubt go to the park for a bit then hang out while the little ones watch Baby Einstein for a little while. The other mommy is a good friend but sooooo very different from me. She is essentially 'the anti-princess' so I have to fight the urge to make her over and get her to embrace the princess lifestyle!

Then home for dinner of some sort - I really need to start planning meals! I see a lot of people doing this but I always wonder how do I know today what I will want to eat next Thursday?

Tomorrow I think we will hang out in the back yard and do some swimming! The weather has been so nice this week and we haven't been in the pool once! We have just been so busy with so many other things! Tomorrow for sure!

On Sunday we are having a 'Last Swim of the Season' party. We invited all of our friends and their kids to come and hang out in the pool for a couple of hours before we close it this coming week. I sense another annual event coming out of this lol! I am armed with cases of pop, big bags of chips and boxes of popcicles! Thank goodness for Costco!

In the middle of all of this I hope the Suburban Prince will get the shelves put up in my craft room. It has turned into the dumping ground of the house since I don't have a lot of time to do anything besides look after the Little Prince and keep the house running but I am determined to get my craft room up and running! First things first...shelves! As soon as they are up I can get all of my scrapbooking gear up on them and clear some space. I never met a craft I didn't like so my supplies are really overflowing. I recently made the decision to purge a lot of it so once I get things organized I will be listing a lot of my excess supplies on etsy.com. I am going to keep my crafty hobbies only to scrapbooking/cardmaking, knitting and sewing. Everything else can go! If you are looking for something let me know...I might just have it!

And on a sad note....I tried to order a new LLBean tote yesterday. I got some terrible news!! They are no longer carrying totes in Fuscia or Foliage!!! I ended up not buying one because I couldn't wrap my head around this. My two favourite colours no longer available! I was told they are coming out with new colours in January but that didn't really help me right now when I need a new tote!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend and I am looking forward to everyone blogging about it on Tuesday!

Have a fabulous day!

7 comments:

Beth Dunn said...

I need a new Tote too. I feel your pain. Have fun this weekend. xoxo

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear they ran out of your favorite colors :( That is the most frustrating thing! Maybe they have them on Ebay or something?

Headbands and Hand Bags said...

Have a wonderful weekend! And enjoy your clean houe, that is the best!

OHmommy said...

Have a wonderful weekend full of swimming and in a clean house. Im envious!

Little Lovables said...

How nice! I need some mega meal planning help too :)

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Can you send her over to my house? Ah ha. I haven't even had our cleaning lady over this month as my house is too much of a wreck. So sad.

Confessions Of A Domestic Goddess said...

I'm an avid menu planner....my dear husband and I would be absolutely lost without it. Since menu planning, we've saved money by buying less AND we don't go out as much because our "out days" are planned into the menu. I bought a white board similar to this one: http://www.organize.com/weekcalendar.html

At the beginning of each week I plan out our ENTIRE dinner menu for the week, down to the veggies and side dishes. Then, when I make my grocery list it's SO EASY.

Just thought I'd share that little tip!!

xoxo,
Jaclyn