Monday, November 5, 2012

Mo-vember

From the Movember website:

“During November each year, Movember is responsible for the sprouting of moustaches on thousands of men’s faces, in Canada and around the world. With their “Mo’s”, these men raise vital funds and awareness for men’s health, specifically prostate cancer and male mental health initiatives”

 Matt Houston circa 1985

Now...it's confession time.  I've always had a thing for a moustache.  Maybe it's because I was born in the very early 70s and one couldn't go anywhere without seeing moustached men...I don't know, perhaps it's my long standing love of men and all their manliness...whatever it is...I love Movember!  Already I'm seeing shades of facial hair and we are only 4 days in - goodness help me in a few weeks time!

Two things about this photo of Lee Horsley - one, when this photo was taken he was about 10 years younger than I am now (I just sobbed a little) and two...this is a good time to remind myself not to google heartthrobs from my teen years, time isn't always as kind as it has been to me.  I might not recognize him in the street now, but that southern drawl...unmistakable.


To celebrate all the virility it takes to grow facial hair, moustache buttons are now available for Mo-vember!  This is just a sampling of designs...feel free to choose a different backgound.  Any design can be turned into a moustach pocket mirror or magnet for 1.00 more.

4.00 each with 1.00 from each button going to the Mo-vember foundation.  Any design can be turned into a pocket mirror or magnet for 1.00 more.


To order please email RoyalRibbon@yahoo.com

www.Royal-Ribbons.com



Have a fabulous day!

3 comments:

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Movember is a supportive effort and I applaud all the efforts as my dear husband has has prostate cancer.
We donate every year to the cause and awareness is a big part of the cure. If men do not go for screening they are taking a risk...
just like women need mammograms men need to go for a PSA test.

Thank you for spreading the news Princess!

Shelley said...

Well, there's a trend that I've not seen here in Britain. My Dad had a moustache and my first two husbands did as well, so you're not alone in that. I must have got over it, as moustaches look rather odd to me these days.

About Last Weekend said...

First I've heard of Movember - very cute- I love those taches on sticks they hand out at parties too.