Wednesday, October 26, 2011

100 Mile Diet Event - Part 1

I have had these photos on my camera for ages so it's about time time I got them posted!  We went to a 100 Mile Diet event close to our town and got the chance to meet lots of farmers, bakers, gardeners and more!


Our local chocolatier.

 

This farmer raises chickens and sells the eggs and meat.  His brother has honeybees and sells the honey...so he takes the beeswax and makes candles!


There were lots of great educational projects around the event. 


A woman who has sheep was there with her wool...


We got to see how she cards the wool and spins it into yarn!


She dyes her wool and sells it to all the local knitters.


I was tempted to ask her to knit me a birdseye sweater!

 

Produce galore!


One of my favourite cheese companies was there with samples!

 

Goat cheese samples!

  

These ladies had the most popular booth at the event!


Pies in every flavour imaginable!


Each booth had lovely autumn decorations.


Many varieties of apples were for sale!


Thanks to one of our local farmers we got a free apple!


Goat farmers had goat milk soap for sale and sample!



Everything under the sun was canned and ready to get us through winter!
Part 2 tomorrow!


Have a fabulous day!

5 comments:

Beth Dunn said...

I love those yellow beeswax candles!
xoxo
SC

Tari said...

Wow, everything looks amazing! Especially the chocolate, yum!
xo,
http://peppermintandivy.blogspot.com/

Brittany said...

I really want one of those pies! Wish we had great farmer's markets like these in Orlando!

Teena in Toronto said...

I love checking out stuff like that.

Cool Gal said...

I would just LOVE that place. I adore homegrown/homemade items. Looks like so much fun!