Thursday, August 18, 2011

Lavender Cookies


I have been making these lavender cookies for years and they always disappear quickly!  I use a simple shortbread recipe with dried, food-grade lavender added as well as some lavender extract.  They just taste like summer...in Provence!  They are perfect with a cup of tea in the afternoon...even the Suburban Prince loves them!  They came simply from experimenting one afternoon and a classic was born!

Use your favourite shortbread recipe and let me know what you think!  Just add as much or as little lavender as you like, mix it all together and bake as you normally would. 

Enjoy!


Have a fabulous day!

7 comments:

Princess Freckles said...

I think I'd love these! On our honeymoon, my husband I ate at my (now our) favorite French restaurant in Naples, FL. It's called Bleu Provence in case you ever head to Naples. Anyway, I had lavender ice cream. It was divine, and I'd never tasted that flavor, so it was such a treat!

Anonymous said...

Can you believe that I've never made shortbread - I'll get right on it!

Teena in Toronto said...

I had lavender lip balm and, though I love the smell of lavender, I found it odd in a lip balm.

CanadianPrep said...

Mmmm, this does sound like the perfect partner to a cup of tea!

Brittany said...

Sounds like a really delicious, yet light cookie. I've eaten shortbread since I was a kid but never thought to add lavender to the batch. Will try!

erica said...

Oh my goodness lavender cookies sound absolutely amazing and I am definitely going to have to make these.

xo

erica said...

Oh my goodness lavender cookies sound absolutely amazing and I am definitely going to have to make these.

xo