I havnt done a random thoughts post in a looooong time! I am well overdue! I hope you had a great week and have something wonderful planned for the weekend!
-Please pop over to Royal Ribbons to see all the new designs! I am posting new ideas every day!
- I have noticed a number of very quiet people in my life seem to expect people to remember them. And put them on the spot! If you want to be remembered 10 years later, do or say something memorable!
- I see people parked in handicapped or mommy spots just hanging out all the time when I go shopping. I suspect they are hanging out with the child or smoking while the passenger has gone shopping. Does this happen everywhere or is it just in my town? I find it really annoying when I have lugged my 3 year old half a kilometer through a busy parking lot to see the mommy spot is being held by someone who is babysitting as opposed to using the spot to make being a mommy easier. If you dont need to actually get children from the car to the store you can park anywhere!
- At dinner the other night with another couple I asked if anyone remembers the Peter Cottontail special from the 70s with the evil bunny Irontail. Anyone? Everyone just stared at me like they didnt understand the words coming out of my mouth. Well, I googled it and I didnt just imagine it! Here Comes Peter Cottontail is a lesser known Rankin-Bass production. Hmpfh!
- I got my hair cut in another town closer to the city the other night. I had forgotten what it's like in these big, busy, professional salons! Being out here in this small town for 5 years has taken it's toll on my hair and it was so nice to go to a real salon! While I was waiting for my stylist I was offered water and tea and coffee and asked by everyone who passed by if I needed anything. Then the stylist actually listened to what I wanted and gave me a dry cut. I havnt had my hair blown dry by a stylist in years because I just get so frustrated with it. This new stylist did the whole thing, and then I started crying. I was so happy with it and I had forgotten what it was like to leave a salon feeling good...the tears just started and took a moment to stop.
- Have we been watching RHNJ? Is Teresa's brother in a constant state of drunkenness? He is such a whiny crybaby! Maybe someday he will have the scotch glass surgically removed from his hand - I havnt seen him once without a drink!
- This week I had a town council committee meeting and couldnt find a babysitter with such short notice, sooooo the Little Prince came with me and had his first experience with municipal politics! Thank goodness for those little containers of Pringles, they make a great bribe for good, quiet behaviour! I am happy to report he sat in my lap most of the time, ate his snacks, whispered his demands to me and then hung out at the window watching the overhead train going by. Success!
Have a fabulous day!