Friday, March 11, 2011
Happy Friday! I hope you had a great week and have a wonderful weekend planned! It is rainy rainy rainy here so I think we will be staying in, watching lots of Housewives and putting around the house.
- My laser eye surgery is done! Thank you to everyone who sent me good luck emails, tweets, left encouraging comments and thought about me while I was in the city having it done. I appreciate every single one of you and always feel so warm inside when I see how many people in the blogishpere are right there for each other when we need a little hand holding. I will do a post on it next week for everyone who is wondering exactly how it is done - I will say it was only mildly uncomfortable, over quickly and I could see right away. On a pain scale of 1-10 with childbirth being a 12...I would put this at a 1. I took the valium...wow, that is a fun little drug!
- Little Prince never stops coming up with funny things to say! These days when he takes his first bite of any meal he says, 'Mmm that's delicious' or 'Mmm that's wonderful' and whenever anything spills or falls down he says, 'Oh my goodness'. Cheeky thing.
- It's now 2 weeks until my 40th birthday. People have started asking me if I am having a big party - I suggest they start planning it! Meaning...if they want me to have a party they better plan it themselves. I have lots of people I would invite but since they have never invited me to anything I decided to spend the money on myself this year.
- Shamrock Shakes are back!! This is huge news for Canada (considering we have so little else to worry about) as we havn't had them here for years! The last time I had one I must've been a child! I've had two already...I think I will let that be it until my birthday as there's no sense in expanding the waistline at this point in the game.
- In a if-you-build-it-they-will-come sort of way I had all of the spring and summer clothes in my closet that didnt fit right tailored and ready for warmer weather! I feel awesome about it as I have had a big stack of pants for years that I havnt been able to wear. A couple of darts in each one and now I have expanded my summer wardrobe! Yipee! Peter Walsh would be very proud! Why do they make pants with tiny, skinny legs and huge waists?
- The basement is still waiting for the plumber but we do now have the shower base and glass which is very very exciting! I need to pick out tile even tho that part is quite a ways away. The Suburban Prince still gives me a hard time about handing him a picture of what I wanted with explicit instructions to 'Make it happen'.
- I have noticed a number of the songs from Wonderpets sound a lot like the music from Sweeney Todd. Having listened to both ad naseum I can pick up on the subtlties and nuances and have decided the composer of Wonderpets is a Sondheim fan. When your children are 3 you will know who the Wonderpets are and you will hear it so much you will find yourself in the middle of the day humming a tune and realise it's a song about a mama kangaroo and her little joey too.
Have a fabulous day!