Happy Friday! I hope you had a great week and have a wonderful weekend planned! I havn't had much time for thinking so I havn't done a random thoughts post for a while so I am excited to have the chance to do it again today!
- Congratulations to Adrienne of Rich Life (On a Budget) who is the winner of my personalized statonery giveaway! Please email me so I can put you in touch with MCC Designs!
- We have been looking for kitchen inspiration as we are in the throws of renovating the house right now. There is nothing harder than trying to come up with a layout that will work for all of our needs - cooking, socializing, blogging, eating and so much more all while being a beautiful space. Last night the Suburban Prince suggested this might finally make me happy....
- The Little Prince has been chatting up a storm and every night when I put him to bed he says 'Goodnight sweetheart' which cracks me up every single time. But then this is the same child who eats tandoori chicken, brussell sprouts, watches the news and Jeopardy and yells 'Excuse me!!!' when we need to get around someone in the mall so he has always been ahead of his time. And a perfect little gentleman. I keep waiting for him to ask me for a seersucker suit!
- There are a lot of people on the blogs, twitter and the rest of cybertown always whinging about parties they have to go to and trying to figure out how to get out of them. Please take a moment to be grateful for every single invitation. Each one tells you someone actually thought about you, you crossed someone's mind. Someone thinks enough of you to have you in their home. You are loved. There are many people out there who go years without a single invitation for even just coffee. Some people never get invited to any parties, evening drinks, bbqs, games nights or any other events. Some people never cross anyone's mind. Some people spend every weekend and holiday sitting home alone, lonely, feeling forgotten and would give anything to just be remembered and wanted. So please, think about the the next time you are wishing you could stay home.
- I am convinced Costco is where people meet their affairs at lunchtime. A few weeks ago I happened to be there around noon and I noticed something I have never seen there before...a lot of romance. I tend to go to Costco in the evenings so I dont see the daytime crowd as a rule. I did notice during this lunchtime visit that there are a lot of couples shopping together and they all seem very passionate. Now, I'm not talking about teenagers, I'm talking about middle aged couples hanging off each other, making out in the produce section, passionate embraces in the cereal aisle and then some. I love my husband but I can assure you, I have never felt the need to get some smooching on while picking out laundry detergent! I dont feel the need to walk arm and arm in while gazing into each other's eyes in front of the cheese bin. I have never been overcome with lust in the bakery aisle. I am sure most couples would agree with me, we have our urges under control in public. The only conclusion I can draw is there are a lot of affairs going on and they are happening in Costco during lunch breaks!
Have a fabulous day!