Friday, December 2, 2011

25 Acts of Kindness - Bloghop!


 I saw this list on Pinterest and thought it would be nice to take on the challenge.  25 acts of kindness before Christmas.  Most of them are very easy and things I do all the time anyway...do we really need to be told to hold the door?  Unfortunately yes, so let's see if this will spread.

I will post my progress on a weekly basis and would love for you to join me!
If I learn how to to a bloghop I will link us all up!

1.  Work at a soup kitchen
2.  Deliver gifts or goodies to your neighbours
3.  Pay for the person in line behind you in the coffee shop
4.  Host or participate in a food drive
5.  Work at the food bank for a day
6.  Tip your mail carrier and delivery person
7.  Donate used books and magazines to a library or doctor's office
8.  Offer babysitting services to a friend
9.  Deliver care packages to the homeless
10.  Visit a nursing home
11.  Deliver goodies to your local fire and police stations
12.  Smile at strangers and say hello
13.  Hold the door for everyone you see going into a building and ask them to do the same
14.  Write snail mail to 5 people
15.  Deliver old towels and blankets to the animal shelter
16.  Give your spare change (or more) to someone in need
17.  Over tip your waiter/waitress
18.  Send letters or care packages to soldiers
19.  Forgive someone
20.  Take a meal or coffee to an elderly person
21.  Leave a wake up surprise for your spouse or children next to their bed
22.  Start a conversation with a new person, welcome them to your community
23.  Write a letter to a parent you admire letting them know what a great job they are doing with their kids
24.  Compliment 10 people
25.  Send a text/email to someone you haven't spoken to for a while and let them know you are thinking about them

Please join my blog hop and let everyone know how you do with the list!


Have a fabulous day!


5 comments:

Michelle said...

What a beautiful idea! I can't wait to read about your progress and how you spread the true meaning of Christmas in your part of the world!

Emily said...

What a great idea, can't wait to read more!

xx Emily @ laughliveandshop.blogspot.com

Adrienne Shubin said...

A very special idea! I like it. I want to hear all about your progress. I could probably knock a few off the list by the 25th, but all 25 would be a stretch. I'll see how many I can do.

Miss Janice said...

Tres sweet idea SP! I have my "Bucket List" going on...not as thoughtful as yours though. I have jotted down some of the things on your list that I need to do...maybe with Mama next week!

Bama Girl said...

Hey sweetie! This is a great list - not sure I can get to all 25, but I'll sure try! :-) XOXO
www.shopaholicinalabama.blogspot.com

p.s. Just added you to my blogroll - wish you'd add me to yours! Pretty please!