Tuesday, October 5, 2010

My Thanksgiving Table

Because of schedules we decided to have Thanksgiving a week early so on October 3rd we all (my parents, my inlaws, High Heeled Life and MrG) gathered at my house and spent the day eating, drinking, chatting and celebrating!  The next few posts will be on some of the details of our Thanksgiving day...

Camels always appear on my dining table...this one is from Kabul and
was given to me by a soldier we supported while she was overseas.

Cute napkins I had made feature squirrels and acorns!

When you set your table, always take the time to iron your tablecloth!

Pumpkins, leaves, acorns and mini pumpkins parade down the middle of the table!

Votives and a dimmer switch help create a cozy and intimate atmosphere!

We had 8 at our Thanksgiving table this year! 


Have a fabulous day!

11 comments:

Miss Southern Prep said...

Love those pumpkins!

The imPerfect Housewife said...

That looks AWESOME!! I bet you all had a wonderful time ~ I'm hungry thinking about it. ♥

Anastasia Schembri said...

Everything looks so festive! Can't wait to read (and see!) more!!

mFw said...

Your table is adorable! You are so creative!!!

Unknown said...

Happy, happy Canadian Thanksgiving!!!

Wendy said...

What a beautiful Thanksgiving table! Usually, my family is lucky if I CLEAR the table of all their crap before plonking the turkey down on it. This year, you've inspired me to do something a little prettier. If I'm successful, I'll post pictures. Happy Thanksgiving!

JulesTX said...

Your table looks lovely, I love your Fall decorations.

Ms. Bake-it said...

I love your Thanksgiving table! The napkins, pumpkins, acorns... I cheated last year... instead of ironing my tablecloth, I spritzed it with a little bit of water and threw it in the dryer! Told you I hated to iron! That is an interesting camel, what is it carved from?

~ Tracy

BTW - I like your new pumpkin background

Suburban Princess said...

Ms Bake-it - That works too! It just looks dreadful when the fold creases are left before it is put on the table.

The camel is marble or granite.

highheeledlife said...

Mr. G and I were so honoured to celebrate Thanksgiving with the SP's family. Everything was beautiful and delicious!!! XO HHL

Princess Freckles said...

So pretty! I love the napkins you made!

When I saw your tweet on this, for a second I forgot you're Canadian, and I thought, "Man, she's organized!" LOL!