Since I enjoyed this so much last time I thought I would do it again!
- I saw Eclipse last night. I think I left a few brain cells in the theatre.
- We have been watching Mad Men from the beginning and as much as I think life was simpler - it seems no one was happy in 1962! There isn't one single character who isn't miserable or cheating on his wife. I admit I dont actually like Don Draper but then one has to wonder if Betty Draper has any redeeming qualities. It's obvious why he cheats - what he wants isn't attractive to him and what he is attracted to isn't what he wants. Notice the one quality all of his 'mistresses' share? Not one of them would let Don Draper push them around. All of these women are strong and he finds that very very attractive.
- Remember when we were kids and our own personal safety was number one and we were taught not to walk behind moving cars and to look both ways before we cross the street? Are video games to blame for the complete lack of fear society seems to have of moving cars? Every time I am backing out of a parking spot someone will just saunter by regardless of the fact that I might not see them and might not stop. Yes, legally it would be my fault but then I wouldn't be dead. I am shocked at the number of times I have to slam on my brakes to not his someone who stepped out onto the road without checking for oncoming cars.
- I dont understand why everyone is so upset about Barack Obama being on The View. It was essentially a Barbara Walters interview right? Sure he could be somewhere else doing something else but he chose to let America know where he was for that hour of his presidency. Who knows what he gets up to the rest of the time!
- Do I need to point out to the media that Chelsea Clinton is not JFK Jr?
- We are having a small cocktail party next weekend. One couple still has not rsvp'd and today is the date on the invitation. This is the first time they have been invited to our home and this is not a good first impression. If I dont hear from them today it will be the last time they are invited to our home as I have a zero-tollerance policy when it comes to invitations. If someone doesnt rsvp they are never invited again simply because I don't surround myself with people who dont have even the most basic manners and who will cause resentment. Disregarding an invitation is the fastest way to tell me you aren't in my league.
- Where did July go?
- I bought a GPS the other day and it is a fun little toy! I will never waste time searching for a gas station again!
- A friend of mine has been dating a girl for a couple of months and he called me the other night to tell me she is pregnant and he proposed. Turns out she was still holding the damp pregnancy test when he coughed up a ring he bought years ago for another girl (Yup he just gave his bride-to-be and mother of his unborn child an engagement ring he bought for someone else!). As of right now she is 3-4 weeks pregnant and has the fabulous news plastered all over her facebook - she convinced him she has to go public in case anyone at her work comprimised the confidentiality clause they all signed upon being hired - she would have to tell them she is pregnant in case she has to refuse to do certain tasks. I've seen cats mark their territory with less efficiency. I suspect this girl - who is 39 by the way and a nurse so she knows a thing or two about reproduction and ovulation - recently read How To Trap a Man and put the system into action the second she finished chapter 4. I asked him if he is sure this is the girl he wants to spend the rest of his life with - the response was 'I'm pretty sure' and 'I think so'. These things never end well.
- I have yet to play a round of golf this summer - the days are flying by!
- The Suburban Prince has almost finished the garage overhaul. There is just one section of wall left to be painted and more shelving will be built to fill it. By Labour Day weekend I will be pulling my car into the garage! No more trudging through the snow while carrying a 30lb child to the car!
- We got a new washer and dryer last weekend which makes me so happy! The old set came with the house and I have hated them for 4 years! The washer was a front loader and they always stink. The dryer chewed up clothes which meant I had to hang up and iron anything I didn't want ripped to shreds. It had quite the appetite for Izod polos! The new set has a top loading washer which is what I grew up with and what we have in our other house - it was so nice to run the first load I almost started crying!
- The Little Prince is talking up a storm! He is learning new words all the time and is repeating full sentences. All of our hard work with the language specialist has paid off! When we leave his room after changing his diaper he says 'Bye bye poopoos!'.
- I went to a Rotary meeting the other night and everyone was very friendly and welcoming! It is a much happier place than the sorority I checked out. Everyone spoke to me and we had a great time chatting about summer and all of the activities Rotary does. I am looking forward to going again!
Have a fabulous day!