Thursday, October 29, 2009

Very Easy Halloween Ideas!

With Halloween just 2 days away I thought I would share these easy Halloween ideas! I saw them in the BHG Halloween magazine and thought they were adorable!

This is the only photo I could find on the web of this idea - it is a cheese ball made to look like a jack-o-lantern! Just mix cream cheese with Greek or Italian salad dressing, form into a ball and coat with Doritos. Make the jack-o-lantern face with black olives and use a gherkin for the stalk! In this photo they used very crushed Doritos to coat the cheese ball.


I couldn't find this photo on the web so I took a photo of the magazine - see how the Doritos are still in bigger pieces - I like this one better. If you make the face with the olives first it will be easy to put the Doritos on without having the pulverize them!


Mashed potato ghosts! Adorable! I couldn't find this photo on the web either so I took a photo of the magazine. Just use a large icing tip and put your mashed potatoes in a piping bag and pipe them on cheese topped stew or chili! The eyes are capers but if you don't have those just use peppercorns or anything else you have on hand! I was going to make these with whipped cream for the chocolate pots I had planned but we will be celebrating someone's birthday this weekend we decided to have birthday cake instead!

These are such easy ways to make your Halloween dinner special or put together for a last minute party!


Have a fabulous day!

18 comments:

Cloggsy said...

Hey!

Just saw your comment on English Tea and I don't know why I don't offer free shipping to CA! For you, I will ship for free - just let me know if you are interested!

Have a fab day,

Chloe

Kork said...

From one Princess to another - I just found you through the Unknown Housewife, and must say I shall be checking you out more in the future...I thoroughly enjoyed what I've seen thus far.

A New England Girl said...

Those are such neat ideas! I am not sure which dorito look I prefer; I guess it doesn't matter because they're both so adorable and perfect for a Halloween party! :)

Sonja said...

That is such a neat idea! I think I'll try these for the football weekend!!

Also; The Broons as in the comic The Broons?!?!?! :)

Jo said...

What fun! They are perfect for a Halloween gathering.

Jo

Gwen said...

I love the cheese ball idea!!! I might have to try this for tomorrow. :) XOXO

Headbands and Hand Bags said...

The potato ghosts are adorable! I better get cooking!

Joyce said...

These put my oreo dirt cups & gummy worms to shame! Love your blog!

Alison said...

What cute ideas!

Stephanie said...

These are really good ideas. Plus it doesn't look like a gory finger or something that i could not possibly bring myself to eat :)

Leah said...

I love that doritos idea. I'll try to make that for Halloween.

Unknown said...

I love that idea for the ghosts. I wonder if I could get sour cream to do right.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I need some mashed potato ghosts ASAP. YUM!

Pinot after Playdates said...

adorable! I hope mine would turn out as perfect...love your blog! I will totally be a soccer mom to carry that particular LV :)

Unknown said...

Wonderful ideas! Love the ghosts! Have a sweet day!

Red Lipstick said...

So adorable, ghosts and black cats are my favorite little Halloween goblins!

Unknown said...

You always have the BEST ideas! Goning to have to try it next year... cause the cake is going to push me over the edge...LOL

Jill said...

Great ideas. The pumpkin cheese ball sounds so yummy. I'm getting kinda hungry thinking about it. Oopps.. not good, it's late.